Commissioning Manager / Engineering Commissioning Manager
Job Title: Commissioning Manager
Location: Sellafield, Cumbria
Salary: circa £55,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract (4 years)
Working Hours: 39 hours
Closing Date: 30th June 2016
Our Client plays a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. They're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, they pride themselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of their customers.
They are now looking to recruit for a Commissioning Manager to work in their offices based in Sellafield, Cumbria. The Commissioning Manager's role is to manage the delivery of a Commissioning test programme that confirms design intent against functional acceptance criteria to the customer.
The Commissioning Manager also reviews the commissionability of the design and provides the knowledge, leadership, management and support required to ensure commissioning work is executed to meet company, legal, regulatory and project requirements.
The SQEP role of a Commissioning Manager is a key Environment, Health, Safety, Security & Quality Role (EHSS&Q) assigned to 'In post Commissioning Staff' who have demonstrated by qualification, experience and behavioural competencies that they are suitable to be assessed to take on specific duties and responsibilities.
* The Commissioning Manager is responsible for the delivery of assigned Commissioning Projects in a safe and timely manner in line with Commissioning standards.
* Delivering the commissioning work scope to an agreed strategy and plan in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Ensuring the relevant risks are identified early and managed/mitigated as appropriate. This includes regular monitoring of any residual risks.
* Ensuring a proactive and balanced approach to safety (Nuclear, radiological, conventional and environmental) to ensure that safety is optimised during commissioning.
* Reviewing commissioning progress and performance and taking appropriate corrective actions where necessary.
* Planning, balancing and prioritizing commissioning resources to support successful project delivery.
* Managing day to day liaison with personnel to obtain any necessary permissions and minimize impact to the project.
* Ensuring input to other project processes are incorporated, for example, design, commissionability, HAZOP, risk, contract and estimating, knowledge management etc.
* Ensure the implementation of 'best practice' in commissioning.
* Implement commissioning arrangements in compliance with relevant Nuclear Site Licence Conditions.
* Implement arrangements for the purpose of controlling, witnessing, recording and assessing the results of commissioning tests which may affect safety.
* Implement arrangements to ensure that full and accurate records of every commissioning test, which may affect safety, are retained.
The Ideal Candidate
* Degree qualified in an appropriate discipline or relevant equivalent experience in a specific field
* Ability to understand technical solutions that are pragmatic and can be delivered on plant
* Good working knowledge of technology.
* Ability to proactively design, plan and carry out work.
* Excellent communication skills
* Good track record in delivering work
* Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Commissioning Manager, Engineering Commissioning Manager, Chartered Engineer, Engineering Process Manager, HAZOP, Risk Management, Implementation Engineer Manager, Nuclear Lab Commissioning Engineer, Laboratory Commissioning Manager will also be considered for this role.